Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 w/ 1.0 software not excepting time and date change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstarboy125

Vendor
May 23, 2006
US
Long story short I'm trying to update the time and date on this BCM 50 System ( New install ) and the changes simply will not stay. I've tried just about every possible way to go about doing this ie. via EM, via telset etc to now avail. I wanna say that I've came across this problem sometime ago but the remedy slips my mind. If anyone can shed a little light on the situation I would greatly appreciate it.

Btw- it always goes back to be off by one day behind and about 20 minutes fast.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Avaya/Nortel
Sales. Service. Installation

Have you checked that the T&D is set to Manual and not. e.g. Trunk or NTP etc?. If it's a new install, then you can't patch it until you have set the country type and then thee T&D.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

If I remember correctly, you need to set the time, then advance it like 20 seconds. Don't know why it worked, but it did.

Firebird, I tried every way possible to change the TND to no avail. I know usually you can set it to trunk and it auto updates once a call comes in but not on this system.?

Bluemr2, I haven't heard of that procedure before but I will give it a try.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Avaya/Nortel
Sales. Service. Installation

-Make sure that 1.0 is patched as it had issues with time and was resolved in the 3rd SU patch
-For quick temp fix try changing the time zone to another zone, go to another field, wait 15 minutes then change it back to your time zone.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back