Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 voice mail problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pccsipoffice

Technical User
Apr 17, 2012
US
I have a customer with a BCM 50 I belive is a 2.0. (Main cabinet only) About every 45 days or so the voice mail and auto attendant
functions will stop working. This has happened 4 times that I know of. Re- booting the bcm by unpluging the power
has been sucessful. I am familiar with the BCM 50 but have not installed one. Any ideas on what is causing the problem?
BCM is on a Battery back up so brown outs are probably not a issue.

How do I trouble shoot and repair a hard drive? I would want to be resonably certain that is the problem before even attempting a fix.

Take a look at the alarm logs and see what is going on there. If it ends up being a HTC issue it couldn't hurt to do a backup of the system that way you have a copy in case the system fails.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Avaya/Nortel
Sales. Service. Installation

I checked the alarm in element manager and no entries were there. Any help on how to back up and restore would be appreciated.
I would probably encourage the customer to replace the system with something else. Nortel is over.

Update: I reviewed invoices for the problem each of the three occurances of the same problem were 76 days apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back