Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 to 400 VoIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiredent

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2008
I have a BCM50 trying to connect to extensions and access a PRI to send and receive calls through the 400. If you make a call from the 50 the 400 shows the VoIP trunk go active but no digits are received the line times out and goes to prime.

If you make a call from the 400 the 50 does not ever receive the call and the 400 never times the call out.

Please advise.

I look at remote package and they were both set to 00 I change to 05.

PRI Access?

I see where the remote package was on the PRI line which changed it for all the lines. It was set to 00 which I changed to 05 right now.

Should need to do anything on the 50?

I patched it during this process.

I used bcm_360[1].350_core.08.0631.

Could not find anything newer.

Ok, go to ip trunks and make sure you have the destination digits in there. Then, check your routing table that the line type is public and the its using the VoIP trunk pool. After this, run BCM monitor on both and see if you can see it trying to leave on the VoIP trunk and if it's being recieved?

400 -
IP Trunks Destination Digits = 3
Route 007 Pool B (VoIP Trunks) Public

50 -
IP Trunks Destination Digits = 9 2 4
Route 007 Pool BlockA Private (Extension)
Route 009 Pool BlockA Public (Outgoing Calls)

And can you see it leave the BCM50 on monitor? Make sure you add Pri-A in the remote access package and also Pool B. Also, go to the Active VoIP lines and check they are allocated to Pool B?

And to be sure, make sure the two can ping each other?

The two can ping each other.

Is there a place to config remote package other than on the line itself?

BCM Monitor

Call from the 400 to 50 ext.

400 active VoIP Trunk with digits
50 nothing

Call from 50 t0 400

50 active VoIP Trunk with digits
400 active VoIP trunk no digits
400 times out goes to prime and connects call

Ok I found remote access on 400 where is it on the 50?

Configured remote access on both 400 and 50 to include Pool B and PRI-A and BlocA on 50

Still same results with BCM Monitor

Can you call extension to extension between the 2? The remote package is only used if you want to use the other side’s trunks to make outside calls. Take a look at

thread1361-1453498

hawks,
That thread is what got me here.
The two will communicate but only the 50 to 400. The connection is a time to prime DN, But sounds good with no feedback.

MarkHillman,
If you can send me a private correspondence I can probably setup something like that.

We have got a little further on this. Firstly we have added the target lines on the 400 to recieve from the BCM50

Secondly we have found that the 50 has the same extension range as the 400. So, that beeing the case, system restart to make it a different range. Hopfully this will resolve it as its looking up the DN table first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back