Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 - Recordings Distorted 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipolmans

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2013
CA
Morning Tek-Tips,

I have recently sold and installed a call recording solution on a BCM 50 r6 and the recordings are very distorted from the users end, the caller end sounds fine. When the users speak softly the distortion does not show up so it looks like a volume issue of some kind.

What could be causing this and is there a way to correct it?

What kind of recording device? What kind of lines? How is it connected?

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

They're on Analog lines, using the BCM 50 Professional call recording software. NTKC1201

Not sure how it's connected but I can tell you the recordings get stored on a local PC and the environment is all digital phones

Hope that helps, let me know what other details you need.

In Call Recording try setting up a test DN and have the call emailed, but listen to it from anything but the PC you are using for Call Record.

You might just need to update the patches.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The client has sent me a number of example recordings, which all have distortion. Now, I know the user that is sending the recordings to me is the user who's PC is storing the recordings, could that be related to the problem?

When you say update the patches, are you referring to the users PC or the BCM or the call recording software?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else ever had similar issues, my tech mentioned that this was one of the last products released by Nortel and it was never perfected and Avaya did nothing with it after the take over. I imagined if that was the case that finding examples of people who have had the same issue would be easy but I'm not finding much at all.

Hoping someone can confirm this works properly if installed correctly so I know we're not chasing a ghost issue!

I meant to update the BCM patches, there is no Call Recording Software....its the BCM that is doing the recording.

NTKC1201 is just an Auth code to allow you to use the feature that is on the BCM.

However although you should always keep up to date it does not appear it will help according to my testing.

I have a BCM50 rls 6
Call Record to email as a test.
I did hear a slight distortion on normal internal call from IP set to Digital set
I then spoke a touch louder than normal and distortion went up.
Same with Mobile phone inbound on SIP line.

Suggest you open up a ticket with your with Avaya and mention the cost of key codes and troubleshooting.....raise a stink.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Appreciate you testing that out for me Curlycord, I took your advice and sent in a service request and emailed my channel manager at Avaya to look into it for me as well.

Thanks again, I'll let everyone know if we're able to find a resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back