Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 RCC Verification FAIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

km2601

Technical User
Mar 4, 2008
CA
I have a BCM 50, 2.0 running RCC latest version off the Nortel site.
Installed on a new XP machine, when it reaches the last stage on the verification tool during installation it always fails. We have ran thru the troubleshooting steps as listed and everything seems fine but it will not pull the data. This BCM is patched current and was running an older version of RCC for over 2 years then problems started.
Any ideas??

windows updates can cause lots of problems, is it a fresh install of xp, with out any updates?

It was a windows 7 machine and they re-installed XP but yes, I believe it does have windows updates on it.

I had the problem with a BCM 400 V4 system. It took me ages to get it to work.

First of all, uninstall ALL Java, existing RCC, SQL / MySQL etc.

Then delete the folders in e.g. C:\Program Files such as "Nortel" and anything left to do with Java, SQL etc.

Reboot the pc. Check Add/Remove programs for IIS to be ticked. If you had IIS version 6 installed, then uninstall it and then use the one that is supplied with the Windows XP installation CD-Rom.

Reboot the pc again.

Download the RCC from the BCM and I prefer to also "run" the program at the same time!. Follow the normal instructions. After it's run, the verification should then run OK. Reboot the pc, before configuring the RCC and reloading in the CDR data.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Also remove updates of .NET framework, especially anything 3.5 with or without service packs and 2.0 with service packs. 1.1 should be fine though

Will do,, Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back