Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 R2 imaging problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

supportbcm

Technical User
Mar 2, 2011
GR
Hello everyone,

I have recently a faulty bcm 50 r2 hd, i have all ready downloaded all the necessary file from Avaya site
BCM 50 R2 Image File 1 of 6

File Name: BCM50_R2_part1.tib
File Size: 681 MB (681,574 KB)

BCM 50 R2 Image File 2 of 6

File Name: BCM50_R2_part2.tib

BCM 50 R2 Image File 3 of 6

File Name: BCM50_R2_part3.tib

BCM 50 R2 Image File 4 of 6

File Name: BCM50_R2_part4.tib

BCM 50 R2 Image File 5 of 6

File Name: BCM50_R2_part5.tib

BCM 50 R2 Image File 6 of 6

File Name: BCM50_R2_part6.tib
File Size: 126 MB (126,624 KB)

When i use Acronis v11 to image these files to a brand new 160g hd tells me that the files are corrupted!
Do you have any idea about my problem?

Thanx in advanced!

First i do not beleive you can use a 160 g HDD i think the BCM will only recognise a 40 or 80 g HDD,

second, my image that i downloaded from Avaya is in 1 piece and is 4.4 gigs
not seperate sections....

Thank you for your reply

can you sent me the link for the one piece image... ?
iam authorized Avaya user

BCM50/450 will definitely accept larger HDs. We clone the multi image disk with is 160GB to other disks of 160GB or greater, up to 500GB has worked fine for us.

I would highly recommend buying 1 multi-image disk and just cloning from it. You can use free cloning software and the neccesary SATA cables, or just get a basic HD duplicator for under $100

So, so easy.

Hello ECartman

I dont understand why i have to buy a multi-image disk if Avaya can give the image from the site.
Are theses images work? and wich is the official program for to burn these images...
When i try to burm the image with Acronis v11 tell me that

"acronis true image home backup archive file is corrupted. if the backup is an image, you may try to restore data from it by mounting the image and restoring intact data."

is there any other program to burn the Avaya images?

Hey supportbcm,

You are correct. You don't have to buy the multi-image. I was just saying that from my experience it is by far the easiest way to replace BCM50/450 HDs.

However, if this is just a once off for you. The way you are going is the most cost effective. Having said that, I have never had much luck from imaging with acronis. There was always some issue and had to do 2/3 times to get a working HD.

have you ever succesfully imaged any bcm50 with these 6 files
BCM50_R2_part1-6.tib and witch version of acronis do you used?

thanks!

Used true image 2011 succesfully. That was a good while ago and I can't remember if it was single or multi file image.

i have never managed to successfully image a disk using a part 1-6 . and i have tried many times... but i have completed many R2 images from my single R2 image... i believe that later releases can support a larger disk but R1 & R2 can only support 40 or 80 gig disks, i recently imaged a brand new 160 gig with my R2 image and it would not load..i did ask Avaya if this was correct but never got a reply from them.. if you wish we can chat further on PBXinfo,,, i can then send you my working R2 image...

I agree with Gibblett. I use my own Acronis BCM R2 image. The release 1 and 2 images I did fit onto a DVD (One each DVD). We have done this a number of times and all we need is a backup copy and keycodes to complete the restore.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Hi all,

Gibblett i have all ready creat a thread at Pbxinfo...
David thank you for your reply, i have read some of your guides for imaging and Acronis... do you know where can i download these single images R1,R2,R3 (Avaya site or other)?

Gibblett and myself work in the same team for our sins!. Lol!. It's best to ask him to burn and send you a couple of DVD's, or contact me off line and I'll see what I can do for you.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Thank you very much guys....
David I don't have your contact details

David unfortunately i don't have linkedin account, if Gibblet knows you tell him to send me your details.
Carlycord don't worry I don't really bend the rules!

Thank you all

Hello guys!

You can close the case!

Thank very much for your help,
Specially Gibblett for the fully support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back