Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 QUESTIONS-NEW INSTALL....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcommusa

Technical User
Sep 28, 2006
US
I have a customer that just expanded to a 2nd-(remote) bldg & needs a new phone system.
I'm proposing a new BCM 50 with 6-T7316e phones for the main bldg & 6-IP phones for the remote side.
They have 4 pots lines now & might add a 5th...
For data @ the remote side they are looking @ dsl/cable/wireless for vpn site-to-site.
My questions are as follows:
1)To add a 5th line to the BCM 50-do I need to go into an expansion module with a mbm?(I know I need the keycode)
2)What IP phone model is recommended?They want to keep it like a key system & to be able to put a call on-hold @ the main site on the T-series phone & page to the remote side to let them know they have a call on line 1-etc.Any issues?
3)Would the 1230 Ip phone work-it seems to look somewhat like a T-series phone?It appears to have enough line keys?

yes, you will need to add an expansion to the BCM50. the main unit only holds 4 analog trunks. you will need the expansion keycode. the 1230's will work if its the 3.0 bcm50. also the 1140e phones are not a bad option.

How many programmable keys are on the 1140's/1230's?
Which ip set do you like better?
Can I program direct co line appearence's on the ip sets?
Can they put on-hold @ the main-(t-series phone) & can that call be picked up @ on the remote ip-side by pressing the line key?
I'm trying to get a phone that looks/operates as similar to the t-series....
Employees will work between bldgs.

i am not sure about the exact amount of programmable keys but i know the 1230's definately have several more.
yes you can program a CO line onto the ip phone and put callers on hold and pick them up from the ip phones. what kind of data connection do you have between the buildings. i am assuming both sites are all on the same network.

Possibly wireless...or cable.
Any pointers/concerns on implementing ip sets?

About 1500 feet....
IT company is working on wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back