Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 not sending Company name

Status
Not open for further replies.

km2601

Technical User
Mar 4, 2008
CA
I have a BCM 50 6.0 with a PRI. Sets are programmed to use company name 1 and 2, and also have the PUB-OLI programmed. The only way I can get the name to send is if I check the "send name display" box in telephony resources.
Does anyone know if there is a patch for this?

You might have to talk to the CO about allowing the system to send names.They are all different.

Unless I totally misread your post, that's the way the system works. If you check that box, it will send the entry you have programmed into the Business Name field to the CO and they will send that name out on the network (unless the customer has requested that names not be sent). If you leave it unchecked, the BCM will send nothing and the CO will send whatever name they have programmed.

In North America most carriers work this way. They will send whatever they have programmed unless the BCM sends a name, in which case, it overrides what they have.

Business name is only sent on Private Network calls.
Names are not sent to the public network (PSTN).

I don't know what planet you've been working on BigPoppa but that's the way it works here on earth. That's why the checkbox is there!

If the customer doesn't want any kind of name display outbound, like a collection agency as an example, they can request that from the telco so even if we send a name, they will not send it. Otherwise, whatever we send overrides whae name the telco has programmed.

If you don't believe me, try it yourself. Why do you think the release 6 system has a choice of 5 different names to choose from?
You input 5 different names and select, by set, which name you want sent out on the public network!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back