Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 music on transfer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

56BelAir

Programmer
Oct 23, 2006
US
Anyway to setup music on transfer from receptionist or Auto attendant on BCM 50, the customers old system did this and they cant understand why a 20 year old system can but this doesnt.

If you have a Call Center application, the customer will hear music on hold until the next agent is available to take thecall otherwise, if a caller is being transferred from the AA or a receptionist, the customer will hear ringing.

NTL555

No, Call center.....just another feature Nortel BCM cant do that can be done by other systems. Like a Directory thru phones other than IP sets.

I personaly would want to here ringing rather than music.
90 per cent of systems out there you will hear ringing on a transfer except maybe in Japan?
Soon as I hear music I think I am put on hold and not transfered.

I know the NEC does it and when we converted Nortel to NEC they complained they didnt here ringing.

I'm sure the BCM can do many more things the 20 year old system cant?.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Personally speaking I dont care whether it rings or music is heard. This is just something the customer is requesting as well as the directory with T7316 sets and there old system did these features..so it makes it hard on us installers and programers to tell them they lost these features after they spent thousands of dollars on what they considered an upgrade.

I agree, sometimes a sales and customer error also where they did not communicate what they want and what the BCM can do.

Directory I presume you mean cycle thru names as opposed to remember what name you programmed in what slot in F*4.

Like Dial By Name that NAM had....not sure if somthing like that exists anymore but that is something they should work on much like the Option/Succession has.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Maybe I'm missing the point, but I have my BCM50 R3 set up with music being heard while a call is being transferred.

An external call comes to my phone (T7316). I answer and hit the Transfer key. Then the caller hears music while I'm transferring the call.

Is that what you mean?

If so, then where you'll find the settings are here:

To choose what the user will hear:
Telephony - Global Settings - Feature Settings - OnHold

To choose what source of music:
Applications - Music - MusicSource

I note that the music will play for users on-hold/being-transferred only when the call is an external call. It won't work for internal calls.

Is R3 different? Sure you can change the Music Source, and you'll hear a second or so of MOH, but you hear ringback while the call is ringing at the transferred DN. Unless R3 has some new feature?

"Adversity is Opportunity

They are looking to have the music come from Auto attendant transfer as all calls pass thru AA menu. But yes you are correct for transfers on DID calls.

Just to clarify...
Frideo:

To choose what the user will hear:
Telephony - Global Settings - Feature Settings - OnHold

Notice the last word states On Hold...not Transfer.

I double checked Rls 3 Install guide and see no mention of musice On Trnsfer.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Music on transfer does work on DID calls even on my old 3.7, but not via AA.

Sorry to be contrary. But the AA is a DN just like a telephone. What's the difference if the AA answers and transfers or if a telephone does? Are you telling me it's a setting, or just happens by default?

"Adversity is Opportunity

The transfer on DID call works with the music on hold setting, but not via AA why not ? I couldnt tell you.

I double checked Rls 3 Install guide and see no mention of musice On Trnsfer."
There is none.

I see how I was misleading. With a transfer, there are two presses of the transfer button to complete the transfer process (dialing in between the two key presses), and between those two key presses the first call is actually put on hold. The caller will hear hold music.

Of course, if you "cold transfer", by pressing the transfer key immediately after dialing the number, then the caller will hear the other extension ringing.

So, that's what I was referring to, and that's what I tested earlier. However, I did not test when the call is being transferred from the AA. I now understand that the caller won't hear hold music in this case because the call is not held for any length during the transfer. As Deweyhumbolt says, "you'll hear a second or so of MOH, but you hear ringback while the call is ringing at the transferred DN".
No, I'm not aware of any new feature in R3 for changing this.

Sorry for any confusion.

Anyway, I don't know any way to solve the problem other than getting ICC licenced on the BCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back