Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 lines in Ele Mgr and on phone...no dial tone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphysmom

Technical User
Nov 19, 2006
CA
BCM 50 installed all sets showing...lines show in element mgr as appear and ring...phone shopw lines on Feature *0

No dial tone

Is there dial tone at the demark? Are the lines cross-connected properly to the BCM? Are the first 4 lines on the main cabinet or are all on a GATM8? Did the keycodes take for the expansion cabinet and the main cabinet?

Oops - I guess I jumped the gun, and thought that only 1 set was not working properly...

I would suggest Dasheen's message.

Ensure that there is dial tone at the demarcation.
Then make sure the cables are punched down correctly too.

Check the Amphenol cable where it connects to the BCM. If the screw is too long the connector won't be pulled securely into the jack and won't make a good connection on one end. If it is protruding even a quarter of an inch that can cause your issue.

Dasheen thanks for the querstion

The linbes all have dial tone on the Butt phone...all are cross connected to pinss 1,2,3 &4 respectively on the 1A combe theat is the only J12 on the system....noe extra modules....I can get into the system with SETNNA and see the line s assigned there too

Put old system (6X16) back in and all aspects are intact works fine

Dasheen thanks for the question

This is a BCM50 with 4 lines and 8 extensions,& 4 VM
The lines all have dial tone on the Butt phone...all are cross connected to pins 1,2,3 & 4 respectively on the 1A comb that is the only J12 on the system....no extra modules....I can get into the system with SETNNA and see the line s assigned there too

Put old system (6X16) back in and all aspects are intact works fine

It was the punchdown...started on pin 14 instead of 25

Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back