Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndfellow

Vendor
Feb 6, 2006
US
We have a few issues with a BCM 50 install I'm wondering if anyone else has or has found a way to fix. These are all now in level 2 or 3 of Nortel Support.

1.) Unfied Messaging client for Lotus notes version 6.5 and 7.X?

2.) When specific people turn on there i2050 client for the first time, they don't get a prompt for the password and there extension, but the client automatically gets the DN of someone who already registered a DN. How does the BCM tie the DN to the client machine?

3.) Using only auto-attendants there are VOIP trunks between the locations (A & B), all 4 digit dialing. The customer wants to be able to have a customer call there local number in that city (A), and put an extension in that resides on system B and automatically get transfered from the auto-attendant. Nortel initially said that we need the MCDN software which we have tried but it does not work. They now states it won't work but are still testing.

4.) Customer has all IBM laptops and 50% of the people running in the i2050 client, it takes 5 minutes for the client to load but then works fine.

5.) We have a VM to light more than one DN, but if there is a messaging in the voicemail box and the i2050 client is not up and running, and then it starts - it won't light the message waiting light. I think this came up with a patch we recently loaded as I know it worked on ours before and now does not.

Any help on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

as for point 3. turn on redirect dn and network transfers in the callpilot properties. i have this working on several sites.

#2, uses the HarwdwareID defined in the config tool. Not the client machine mac address. If you are using a HD image you will need to change this manully.

as for point 3. turn on redirect dn and network transfers in the callpilot properties. i have this working on several sites."

We have these on. Note these are BCM50's if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the tips guys!

Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back