Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 IP Phone Configuration Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottb8888

Technical User
Feb 21, 2003
US
New to the BCM50. I having been doing 0 x32 MICS for years. I have this BCM behind a Cisco Router. Digital phones work great. Set up the first IP phone and it went well. I am not able to set up any more IP phones. I checked the licenses and I am set for 4 IP phones. I have three used i2004 that I can't get one of them to work. I Am running BCM3.0 release 6, I beleive. Any help?

Are you doing DHCP with the BCM? I have seen this happen when the scope for the IP phones doesn't have enough IPs or if the gateway info is wrong.

DHCP on the BCM has a range or 25 addresses. I assume the gateway is the IP of the router.

DHCP on the BCM has a range of 25 addresses. I assume the gateway is the IP of the router.

When you say "used i2004", it is possible that you have purchased older units which are not compatible with the BCM. What is the product code (on the label on the back)?

That is possible. I'm not near the phones now. What product codes do I need to stay away from?

NTDU82 is a "phase 1" phone. They have been out of production since 2005 and have not had updated firmware since that time.

I have a 92 and it works fine. Looks like I dump the 82's and buy more 92's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back