Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 Centrex Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2005
US
Hi everyone,

I have a problem and I'm hoping someone might have a solution. I have a BCM 50 running 6.0 setup with two incoming centrex lines. In callpilot, I have a CCR configured with a transfer option to #XXXXXXXXXX. We also use Feature 71 during the day to transfer calls to an hosted IVR. Our local phone company is trying to change out some hardware on their end that causes our CCR transfer to stop working but using feature 71 works perfectly. We can also test with a regular hand set and it works perfectly on the new hardware. On my end, I see our system disconnect the call off of the line, but almost immediately, the call is returned to us. Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try in callpilot?

Thanks!

Does your call transfer in Call Pilot require any calling line ID?. What type of protocol are your Centrex trunks using?. Are they analogue or SIP/ISDN etc?.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

I'll try to answer this as best that I can because this isn't a strong subject for me.

These two incoming lines are plain copper lines, atleast that is how it's hooked into our BCM 50. From what I can tell within call pilot, no CLID type of is setup. We have our two incoming lines setup into a specific greeting table that during non-business hours plays a message with options. Option #1 is a transfer setup to dial #XXXXXXXXXX with the actual phone number in place of the Xs. I'm not sure what protocol the Centrex trunks are using. I hope this is of some help but if something isn't clear, I'd be glad to try and clear it up.

Thanks.

Does the CENTREX line require a 9 before the number? have you included it in the dialing string? What does BCM monitor show?

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

No, the CENTREX lines do no require a 9 before the number. We've been using this BCM 50 for over 8 years perfectly with CENTREX lines using #XXXXXXXXXX. The only thing that has changed is our local telephone company is changing out a phone switch on their end and trying to move us over to it. I can get more details from my contact at the phone company if needs be.

On the old switch, everything works perfectly as programmed. On the new switch, it fails. Within BCM Monitor, I can see the incoming call on the incoming CENTREX line. When the person on the line presses option 1, I can see the line hang up but within 4 seconds, I see the line pick back up as the call rings back to us. If I call in, I can also hear the hook when it's trying to transfer. According to my guys at the telephone company, and again, I hope this makes sense because it's not a subject I'm familiar with, they are not seeing a "refer signal". Here's the kicker. Feature 71 to perform a link transfer still works perfectly and we can test the line with a regular handset and it functions perfectly by flashing the line, then dialing a number, and hanging up.

One thing I found last night is a mention of having #DXXXXXXXXXX where I'm using #XXXXXXXXXX. I'm not sure what the purpose of the D is in the string.

At the end of the day, the problem started with your phone company. Why should you be spending time trying to solve a problem that they have caused by them replacing some kit at their end.

I personally can't see what you can do on the BCM as the problem is carrier related. I would get them to resolve it.

Your two trunks are analogue lines and you don't have that many options to change much on the BCM. There is nothing to look at on the Call Pilot as the problem would appear to be CLID numbering from them as you have already found out if you are now seeing a "D" in front of the incoming dialing string.

Firebird Scrambler

Website

Yeah, normally I would believe it's a problem for our telephone company to resolve however, since it works perfectly with feature 71 and on a regular handset, but not with call pilot, I wanted to see if there was a setting or something within call pilot that could be causing the issue. Thanks for the help

You could try increasing the number of rings before Call Pilot answers, I tend to set it with a minimum of 2 rings in case the voicemail is answering too quickly for the new setup.

I accept your view on why you put the issue with your Call Pilot, but all it does is to answer the selected lines for you. You could perhaps play with CLID entries and see if you can insert a "D" in a table.

It might be worthwhile doing a full backup and then opening up the CDR data with a program such as WinRAR etc to view records before and after the trunks were changed to see if the incoming call data is showing any differences.

What bothers me is this "D" in the string as I don't recall ever seeing it before. Normally, you just can the incoming digits listed from the caller.

Here is a typical example from my BCM today. I don't see any letter listed before the incoming number.

-------- 29/09/16 00:30:01
RECORD RESTART

*092916 140935 0000 01642878787 01642878787 U G

*092916 140935 0000 01642878787 4579999 U D

*092916 141003 0300 01642878787 01642878787 U N

-------- 29/09/16 14:10:03 LINE = 0300
CALLING NUMBER 01642878787
NAME 01642878787
UNKNOWN
DNIS NUMBER 4579999
BC = SPEECH
VOIP CALL
FMFM STN = 3999
00:00:00 NO ANSWER RINGING 0:27
LINE = 0001

Firebird Scrambler

Website

Actually, there's some confusion about the "D". When I mentioned that, it was in relation to configuring the the CCR in call pilot. Right now, under my CCR, I have option 1 set as a transfer and the number in the phone number field is #XXXXXXXXXX, the number to my off-site call center for after hours. I know the # tells call pilot to perform a link transfer. Well, while researching this issue, I've seen other threads on various boards mention #D in front of the phone number rather than just #. I haven't been able to find any documentation that confirms what the D does.

#D = <FLASH>, <WAIT FOR DIAL TONE>

D is a special character

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

What is the old central office switch Nortel dms or a.t.t ess4 or 5? Is the new c.o. switch soft switch?

Don't you need a second flash to complete the transfer?

#XXXXXXXXXX#

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

No Curly the CP flashes the line, dials the number and releases. A 2nd flash would pull the call back.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back