Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 Auto Attd will not play greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmpimp

Technical User
Apr 12, 2004
US
I have a BCM in the field that is having issues. The box was working great unitl we tried to patch with the Jan Desktop patch 152. The Box will not play the Greetings that are there at all. I have tried to re-record them, export/import them and they are obviously there because I can play them on a set. I did are-install on the Call Pilot and re-recorded a greeting but it had same result.
I did a level 2 reset and got the box back to the state it was in before I patched it. Then patched it and replicated the problem. I then replaced the Hard Drive and then did a restore form back up, patched and it had same problem. Im now thinking that there is a greater issue with the chassis or Back Plane etc.
So to recap, BCM 50 will not play greetings, I have reloaded the Mail, replaced the hard drive but once the 152 system patch is loaded it rendered the Call Pilot without the ability to play greetings

Agreed but, We have all current patch levels on the box now but it will still not play the greetings.

THe only reason for this was to get mailbox mgr with forwarding rules.

Does the AA try to answer or does it just ring in to a reception phone.

I am confused on your patches....did you load not load a patch from Jan or did you load the latest? or both or?
Also what greetings are we talking? GRTG or CCR or Table Prompt?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I have done this several ways with the same result. The only thing I hear is "please enter your mailbox number or enter # for the directory"

1. I loaded Jan Patch= Canned msg
2. Loaded current patches over that = Canned Msg
3. Level 2 reset + current patches = Canned msg
4. New Hard drive + Jan Patches = Canned msg
5. Same New Hard Drive + Level 2 reset + Current patches =
Canned Msg

I have tried new greetings, Custom prompts, new trees, new CCR, Holiday Greetings. Always the same result.

The only way I can get this box to play the Copmapny greetings is to do a level 2 reset and restore form back up.

Pardon my spelling- I have right wrist in brace

It sounds like you've been pretty thorough in your troubleshooting. Sometimes I get so involved in a problem that I overlook the obvious while looking for the culprit.

With that in mind, you do have Answer Lines and Business Open checked off under Operator Settings right?

Yes they are and I do agree with you. It is always good to get a second set of eyes or another tech to look at the big and small picture.
I think we will replace box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back