Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 Analog Station Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibthree

Technical User
May 3, 2006
US
We have installed a small BCM 50 at a site with keycodes for 2 analog stations. They will not come up. We checked all the obvious. We changed the tail twice, made sure it was an American switch, changed the analog phones 3 times, checked it with 2 different butt sets, replaced jacks, tested cables, crimped directly to the tail, applied all the patches, etc. We do have the digital ports on the same tail working and have put ATA's on 2 of them as a temporary fix.

A ticket was opened with Nortel by the vendor and Nortel very quickly decided it was an out of box failure.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so was there a fix or did the unit have to be replaced.

I just want to make sure we have not missed anything before we go through the headache of completely replacing the unit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The only problem that I have had with analog stations not coming up was the unit was wall mounted and the switch tail was pulled out a little. Once I secured it better it was fine.

Thanks for responding. We tried that in our trouble shooting process. Unforntunately it does not seem to be anything that easy.

are you using the ports on the front of the BCM?
and what version are you running.?

If so, in certain country's the analog ports on the front are not supported in version 1.

not sure if thats the case with you.

Yes

Most current and fully patched.

Already looked into that and made sure it was North American.

Nortel replcaed the unit as an out of box failure and it fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back