Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 acting weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFComm

Technical User
Jan 7, 2009
US
I have a brand new BCM50 I just pulled out of the box. I plug it in and give it a minute or so. Connect my cable between computer and phone system. Try to log into manager and I get an error.

Detector "BCMDector" cannot determine device type for 10.10.11.1

Now when I try to log on the processing screen says "resolving cartridge identifier"

I dont recall ever really paying attention to what it said when logging on so Im not sure what its supposed to say during log on. Another weird thing is once I plug it in the fan goes on full and it doesnt calm down till after a minute or so. Then the bottom light goes flashy green. Minute later everything almost seems like it shuts off and then both lights are flashing orange.

Any ideas??

error indicates system not up fully, or bad pswd.

Resolving...msg is normal.

Fan is normal.

If Leds r org may not be up fully. Can u get into EM? Check for alarms. Reset alarm LEDs.

Na cant get in with EM at all. That error keeps popping up everytime I try to log in.

What is the PC IP address & subnet mask? Can you connect using Internet Explorer? If you can try downloading EM from this unit.

Consulting -
If You're Not A Part Of The Solution, There's Good Money To Be Made In Prolonging The Problem.

Set your laptop to Obtain an ip address.
connect to OAM port which will give you 10.10.11.2
Try connecting again.

Also check your Lan Card on your laptop to see what address has been given to you by the bcm.
Check your LEDS are steady green.
Disable and enable your lan card.

The message usually means there is no connection to the bcm.
Or ip address is wrong

if it is flashing orange that means that the BCM is starting up

A password problem would have an error message that asks you to check the password.

To be sure, have you definitely got the LAN cable into the OAM port?
Can you ping the 10.10.11.1 and get replies? If not, then the EM sure won't work.

Try plugging in the first digital phone and see if anything comes up?
Perhaps then you can see whether you can log in on the telset using
F**CONFIG
or
F9*8

Possibly a L1 or L2 reset would be in order if the system never comes up as far as being able to log in with the telset.

It also takes about 10 min. to boot,and you cant log in untill there are 2 green lights.

If it is continually rebooting you may want to check the ribbon connection to the HD.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

It just took little longer then usually to come up and I was panicing. I did have the older version of EM but wasnt a big deal. Thanks for the help though guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back