Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 3.0 with a 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDSjeff

Vendor
Mar 19, 2007
US
I am installing a 4/16 into expansion unit one on a BCM 50 and all the stations work but I cannot get dial tone. The lines work from the CO and the system is patched up to date. We have tried new cards and new expansion units.ANy ideas????

Have you programmed the lines on the set? Do you have a keycode for you expansion Cabinet?

Did you properly dipswitch the MBM and make sure you have a keycode for the expansion unit.

Money may not buy you happiness, but in MLB it buys you CHAMPIONSHIPS. (27 and counting). MLB,stands for Major League Baseball for you slower Boston Fans!

Guys he said the exts work which means the expansion keycode was applied.

TDS: verify your dipswitches are in the on position.

I have had a lot of trouble with 4 x 16 & 8 x 16 cards not downloading the firmware to the card when I do an out of box install. I take the card & put it in a BCM 400 to get it's firmware & than stick it back in the BCM 50.

Do you have a separate cable harness connected to the line port off the card.
1 cable harness for the extns. pairs 1-16
1 cable harness for the lines. see below

the lines connect to pairs 1-2 and pairs 5-6 off the second cable harness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back