Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 1.0 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT33

Programmer
May 8, 2006
US
Switch has 26 ip licenses and 21 working i2004's and 1 i2001. Attempt to add 22nd i2004, comes up and PC connected behind it works perfectly, but phone won't stay up. After awhile, phone loses connection to server and can't locate server...PC still works. Tried 3 different phones, same thing. Rebooted switch and first 22 phones came up, but 23rd couldn't find server...different phone than one with original problem. Any ideas???

try plugging the phone directly into the switch and see if it stays up

if it does you know your problem lies in between

Different phones have the problem everytime I reboot, so it's not the cable or jack or port. 22 phones always come up and 1 can't find the server. There are definitely 26 ip set licenses in there.

Like I explained above, it happens to different phones at different locations each time I reboot, so unless several cords or ports are bad, that can't be the problem. In addition, the PC's running behind these phones work fine.

3 different phones but we dont know it was 3 different locations and we we both asked almost the same thing.

Did you match the programming on the new phones as the others?.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Programming is the same. I tried changing the phone from full dhcp to none and assigning a static ip address and same thing happened...came up, but wouldn't stay up.

Use BCM Monitor to see how many IP phone licenses are used. If I remember correctly, there is a "keep alive" option for IP phones that can be enabled for proper voicemail handling. If you have 4 DNs configured with this keep alive option, they would use 4 licenses. That could reduce your number of licenes available for other IP phones to 22 - and thus the first 22 phones would get a license, but the 23rd would not.

Thanks, sounds promising...will check it out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back