Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 PRI NEED KEY CODES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop9002

Technical User
Jul 9, 2012
US
Do I need key codes (licenses) for a BCM 450 6.0 to use a PRI (maybe mcdn?) or will it work if I install a DTI module configure it correctly? It seems like I remember something about needing a key code for this.

Providing that you have a spare module bay to plug it in, then I don't think any keycode will be required on the 400 / 450 ranges for the DTI unit. The BCM 50 would require an expansion port module keycode.

A keycode for MCDN would however be needed.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I am sorry I am a little confused. If I need a MCDN key code then doesn't that mean I need a key code before I can use the PRI?

The MCDN keycode is only needed if you are planning on connecting up the BCM to another BCM / CS1000 etc to allow full networking features to work.

What are you planning on using the DTI for?

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

It will be a stand alone BCM. The DTI module is for a PRI to provide external dial tone/connection to the local provider.

Then just the Expansion key code required.
One you have an Expansion key code you can put any module you want into the expansion cabinet.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I am sorry but this is a 450. There are plenty of empty ports on the main cabinet so I will not be using an expansion. If I understand correctly I will not need any additional key codes for this configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back