Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 MBMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hototot

Technical User
Sep 11, 2008
US
Installing a new BCM450. DSM 32, 4x16 and a PRI. All of my MBMs are staying in the "enabling" state, even with a phone connected. I have disabled and enabled, rebooted the bcm with no change. I have pored over the docs and don't see anything I have done wrong. Ideas?

Are the dips all on? Did configure each slot telling system the card type?

Which slots are the cards in? Have you applied all the latest patches? Slot 1 on the bottom is by default a DSM32 slot.

I had some strange problems with one I just installed before I put the latest system patch on it. you can also try deconfiguring all of the cards and reconfiguring them one at a time to see if they fail after a specific card is configured.

On the BCM 450m the slots start from the bottom 1 through 4. Make sure you are provisioning the correct card using this information. It got me for a few hours today until i figured it out.

Slots was the deal. Would have been nice if this was documented somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back