Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 call forwarding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hototot

Technical User
Sep 11, 2008
US
I have a customer, rls 6.0, that wants to be able to do the following: Have no physical phone, when a caller gets AA, be able to dial a virtual mailbox and ring a cell phone? I know I could set up the remote notification, but is there a way to just have it forwarded right to a cell?

What kind of lines, POTS or PRI?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

You could set up an external transfer off the CCR to go to the cell phone. But remember that each call transferred will take 2 channels.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

but then you'd kind of have to announce it, like to reach John Doe, press 2.

Yes, of course. Is that not what you want? You may have to be more specific in what you are looking for. If all you want is for a caller to call and get an option, "for Joe press 2", and it transfer to his cell, then that will work. If not, then you will need to clarify.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

You can set up a guest mailbox and enable outbound transfer, but that still requires another button press from the user. i.e.: the user will call in, get the AA, enter the "extension", hear the mailbox greeting "press 7 to be transferred to my cell", outbound transfer.

If you want to just do a straight transfer, you need to have an active station to handle it. If you have an ASM in the system, you can use one of those ports rather than tying up a physical phone. Digital ports need a phone attached, otherwise they go inactive and won't forward.

I suppose you could also do something fancy with the routing table (code = extension, absorb all, route to the line pool and outdial the cell #), but that's getting a little hackish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back