Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 Call Forward not showing as it used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIng8

Systems Engineer
Feb 27, 2020
GB
Hi there,

We had an older Nortel BCM system replaced with a slightly newer Avaya BCM450. Its all working perfectly but I've noticed something slightly different and not sure if its a system difference or something I can change in the configuration.

Basically if a user forwards their extension to another phone (FEATURE 4 xxx) it works but the phone the call is being forwarded to show the original calling DN extension. On our older system the phone receiving the forwarded call would see the forwarding extension / calling extension.

Is there a feature i can enable to see it like this again.

For example:

Calling Phone called = DN1
Phone with Call Forward set to another phone = DN2
Phone receiving calls from other phone = DN3

This is what we used to have
1. DN1 calls DN2. DN3 rings and shows DN2>DN1 on the display

At the moment we see this
1. DN1 calls DN2. DN3 rings and shows DN1 on the display.

Anyone have any ideas as whether this is a setting or something that was changed in a software release.

Cheers
Andy

Hello Andy

I can't be certain, but I think it might be related to the feature "Auto Called ID" It might be ticked and I don't recall it being there on older BCM versions.

BCM_Auto_Called_ID_shd9mq.png

I'm guessing that your query only happens on external incoming calls to the first DN?. Is it the same for internal DN calls?.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Hi there,

thanks for the advice. I've realised that it does still work as i'd expected. doh.....

However when I use a hunt group from DN2 to DN3 it doesn't display DN2 in the call path on the display. I'm guessing Hunt Groups don't allow for this.

So if an DN was Forwarded to a Hunt Group, any phones part of that Hunt group don't see that the call was originally destined for the Forwarded DN. That's what I was hoping to achieve. Either that or set a particular hunt group to display as the hunt group name on ringing phones rather than the dialling DN name from where the call originates.

Do you think that is possible to configure?

Cheers
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back