Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 Answer DN issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbendo

Instructor
Mar 20, 2003
CA
Guys,

A little new to the BCM 450, used to IP Office. I have a customer that has a little issue with their Answer DN's. Basially a secretary has a boss's DN on her phone in order to answer his calls. When she is on the phone and the bosses phone rings, no answer, the caller gets her voicemail, not the bosses. Any way to fix it so the call reverts back to his voicemail instead?

In Capabilities of her DN turn off Forward Busy.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Also if you want her to answer but have calls go to his vmail then make sure his Forward No Answer ring count is shorter than hers

If still an issue mention if you are using Element Manager or set programming.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks, I'll give that a try and update. Hopefully that works. Thansk for the quick response.

I looked under the capabilities, but he Forward busy feature is not listed. Is that because under Global settings Answer DN's is set to Basic?

If still an issue mention if you are using Element Manager or set programming. "

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I'm using the BCM Element Manager

Telephony/Sets/ActiveSets/ highlight your DN in question (Line Access tab) and look at the top right hand columns, double click the area to make an input.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back