Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 6.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT33

Programmer
May 8, 2006
US
Inherited a BCM 450 6.0 with all ip set ports (32) on DSP 0 used. Not seeing DSP 1 ports anywhere, and additional ip phones will not come up. Don't see where to initialize DSP 1 if that is what's necessary. Would appreciate any help, I broke my config cd.

IP phones on BCM do not use a specific DSP and do not need a DSP for their initialization. DSP tasks are created as needed when an IP phone uses a voice path that traverses from IP to TDM.

To use more than 32 IP phones, you need a license (keycode) that allows more than 32 phones to be registered. If all licenses are in use, additional phones would show the text "NO PORTS LEFT" on their display (if I remember correctly). So, you should probably start by looking at the keycodes in Element Manager to see how many IP set licenses you have.

Thanks. I found 41 ip set keycodes. Tried another 1140 and it got to the point of asking for a dn, but wouldn't accept the dn I tried to use (the DID). I guess the dn is outside the range of dn's on this switch. They have 3 different DID blocks, some in the 4000's and some in the 5000's and the range appears to be the default range starting at 2221. It took dn 5286, but will not take 5287 and above? I guess I will have to try renumbering. Never had to do it before and don't know what it will affect.

You can use Element Manager to view the list of active and inactive set DNs - use one of the inactive DNs. Once you have a valid DN assigned to the IP phone, you can then change the DN to what you need (you'll be able to use any DN unless there is a numbering plan conflict).

Thanks, brother...you saved me a lot of look-up time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back