Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 with connected to Tenor voice gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

basherpt

Technical User
Dec 23, 2011
SA
Hi,
I have BCM400 in head office and BCM50s in Branch offices inter site connected through Voip Trunks. Now, i have a new Quintum Tenor AX voice gateway for long distance voip calls. We baught this for the interoperability with Microsoft Lync. I would like to know:
- How can we direct all incoming and outgoing calls go to both devices? BCM400 and Gateway through lync. I only need the configuration for the BCM 400. (gateway configuration will be handling by the supporting company)
- What are the key codes required for the BCM 400 to accomplish this objective? I already have the GW trunk licenses which is used for intersite voip calls. Is this enough for this scenario?

All the pstn lines are connected to BCM400. BCM400 is ofcourse, connected to LAN. Tenor also connected to LAN, no telephone cables are coming to this device, only LAN.

Thanks for your easy to follow instructions on how to go with it. :)

The GW trunks should be all that is needed but not sure you can put the IP trunks into 2 different Pools, if it will allow it you have to build 2 different routes and destination codes pointing at the 2 IP pools. Good luck .Don't think it will work.

Hi Cook, thanks for your reply.
Would u please elaborate the steps that i should follow?

Thanks again and waiting for your update.

You haven't really provided enough detail for complete instructions, but the DIY basics are...
1) create a route that uses the VoIP trunks with a DN type of public
2) define the destination codes (dialed digits) that will use the route from step 1
3) define a destination endpoint in the ip trunk routing table

Thanks a lot,
I have done the three steps. Now, How i can tell all incoming and outgoing calls to use this new routes also?

Please tell what other details are to be provided.

Thanks again

COmpleted the above configuraton, but i cannot dial to the BCM extension from the lync client. In the BCM monitor, i see the VOIP line i initiating the incoming call but disconnects. what should be done to get the internal calling completed?

When a call arrives at the BCM, the BCM will answer the call and read the received digits. The received number/digit length is configurable for public and private call types.
After determining the received digits, the BCM will compare the digits to values of internal databases that are created during BCM configuration.
The first check is done on the Destination Code list. If there is a matching destination code, the call will follow the defined parameters. If the defined parameters involve moving the call from one group of trunks (VoIP, BlocA, Pool A, etc) to another group of trunks (PRI, BlocB, Pool B, etc) you must also configure a remote access package that allows the incoming trunk access to the outgoing trunk.
If there is no match found in the Destination Code list, the BCM will check Target Line Received numbers. If a match is found, the call is delivered to the Target Line. If no match is found, the call is delivered to the Prime Set of the incoming trunk.

-SD-

Support dude, thanks for your input.
Now I can call from the Lync clients to the BCM phones, but only after changing the public received number to something different than my private received number. My private receved number is the DN number, it doesnt accept me to put the same number in public received. Is there a way to do it?

When i insert 1248 for the public received(for example) in the target line 265, it accepts. When i put 1248 in another target line (say 266), it says it is not a valid public received! i dont know what is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back