Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Upgrade frrom 3.5 Procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstarnewbie

Technical User
Feb 2, 2002
Hi, I have never upgraded a BCM, but I have a 400 that need an upgrade from 3.5 to the new one I just recived... I think 4.0 or something.

What is the proper procedure? I have a 2 pri's installed on the system, and a one station module

Much Appreciated!

The BCM 3.5 needs to upgraded to 3.6 or 3.7 then to 4.0.

Damn, and I just threw away about 30 BCM 3.6 Upgrade keycodes....

What is the one you received a 3.6 to 4.0 or a 3.7 to 4.0?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

You need to purchase the 3.5 - 4.0 upgrade kit. It will include the necessary upgrade keycodes and the 3.5 - 3.6 and 3.6-4.0 upgrade s/w discs. Keep in mind you'll want to do this outside of the customers business hrs. Make sure u do a backup at each stage 3.5, 3.6, and 4.0. Be prepared for about 6hrs to complete everything this includes you setting up.

make sure you check the buisness name FIRST there can not be any symbolsin the buisness name like _?!@# and also make sure you run the pre upgrade check first this will tell you what needs to be fixed before you start the upgrade if the pre check fails check the log file it will tell you what made it fail if you do not run the precheck tool and just run the upgrade you run the risk of the upgrade failing and the system becomes inoperational and you are left with a very big paper weight.

Well, I only have the 3.6 kit to 4.0... What do I do? I am at 3.5 and no one seems to have a SKU for the 3.5 upgrade!

Arrgh!

3.6 to 4.0 upgrade kit won't work on a 3.5 system.

NorstarNewbie, where did you get the SKU for the 3.5 to 4.0 kit? I am doing a similar upgrade right now.

There isn't any 3.5 to 4.0 upgrade, you need to goto 3.6 or 3.7 first and then get the upgrade from the Rls you went to like 3.6 to 4.0 or 3.7 to 4.0.

If you dont mind losing all your Voice Mail programming and IP settings, you can just stick in a 3.6/3.7 Hard Drive, make sure you write down all the keycodes though cause you will need to reapply them on the new HDD

It's been a week and we haven't heard from norstarnewbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back