Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 - Target Line Redirect Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

gv82

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2007
An office of ours in Canada wants to redirect a DID on their BCM 400 to an external number. No problem I thought, I'll just add the external number of their choosing to the "Redirect to" field on the appropriate Target Line. I've done this for other offices without issue.

With BCM Monitor open, I call the DID and watch the BCM pickup an external line and dial the digits as I've entered them in the Redirect to field. However, I get an error message from the PSTN. If I have someone in the office dial the same number, the call goes through.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks

The only way i got around this was to manually redirect from the phone.
Make the target line appear and ring on the phone the use feature84.

Are you entering the destination/access code in front of the number in the redirect field? I've set this up at several customer sites that have a centralized customer service they want specific lines at each site to ring to.

Before they got there VoIP trunks up to where the call could go across as a 4 digit call, I would enter the entire phone number with access code. Example- 915551234. It would dial out just fine.

This DID doesn't belong to a phone. So I can't do what you've suggested snowman50, but thank you for the idea.

Yes, I did make sure to put the access code before the number. I entered 91674xxxxxxx in the "redirect to" field. My contact at the office can dial 91674xxxxxxx just fine.

I've never seen this issue before. I've set this up for many other sights without issue.

Try setting up a route to dial your number and a dest code of say 7 to use that route, then redirect to 7....this is what I do at home but i use a set and the F4 option to digit 7.

This might be what they are discussing also:

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back