Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 startup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

1STShirt

Technical User
Feb 10, 2006
US
First time installing one and trying to get the bcm to recognize the DTM. It doesn't and i verified that the dipswitches are set correctly. The system is a 400 4.0 and is in a 2/6 split. bus 2 is a dsm 32, bus 3 is a 4X16, bus 5 is a GASM 8 and i have the dtm on bus 7. can anyone give me a direction? thanks

Go into Resources/Media Bay Modules/Bus07

Expand this to show Modules on Bus.
Click on Module 1, then in the right hand screen select Trunk Type.
Close down the Media Bay Modules menus, then re-open, expand Modules and you should only see Module 1.
Click on the Wording Bus07, in the menu on the top of the screen, Disable module, then re-enable module.

That should do it for you.

thanks option11 newby. I tried that and it doesn't do anything. i swapped the slot the dtm is plugged into and still nothing. anymore ideas?

Sorry, I have just re-read your post. I did not notice you are runing v4.

Is the system actually seeing the module?

We do not have v4 in the UK yet.

Have you got this set under Configure/Resources..have you set the correct module type under the bus.

If so, have you enabled it?

yes, and yes. no help. it does not recognize the module in any media bay. i am beginning to think that i have a bad module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back