Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 site to site BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

firenut1

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
US
Ok, Guys
Here is my question I have two BCM via t1 E&M everything seems to be working well. I can do seamless calling from sight to sight and point DID from site A to site B. But here is the question can I transfer calls to site B Via the autoattendant without having to purchase MCDN key codes since caller ID is not an Issue.

Pls.help

No, without the MCDN and using CDP the AA will not see the other side as a valid extension. Now there may be a way around it by useing some sort of routing and desti set up but I have not tried anything like that.

C'mon guys and gals has anyone out thier tried this before?

I could not get it to work anyway I tried without MCDN. The AA would come back and tell me the number I dialed was an Invalid Extension. The following come from the Installer guide under the Centralized AA Section.

"Using NVM requires that all nodes on the network are set up
with the CDP dialing rules."

How many phones are at the other side that you want to transfer to?

I think with CDP you can use routing to send calls to over PBXs.
For example if your current site has 4 digit extension numbers starting with 2 (2221), then the other site would need to be set up with different starting digit, such as 4 (4221) extension numbers.
Then in the destination table the site starting with 2 would have 4 setup to use the T1 E&M to the site when ever someone dialed 4221, or another extension at that location. Still have to have target lines set up for receiving those digits. I think you can do this without MCDN keycode at either site. You'd have to set up a set at site A forwarded to site B that gets answered by a Auto attendant at that site. Without the MCDN and centralized voice mail.

Hawk, set up an ext that's forwarded to the other site. Send callers to the ext, and they go in as a target line and then you do whatever you want over at that site. Maybe another auto attendant.

I think he is trying to have callers come in on system A and get the auto-attendant on system A and then dial extensions for System B (and vice-versa).

It seems like creating extensions for system B on system A and then forwarding every extension would get cumbersome and confusing. Callers would have to remember to dial a different extension based on which system the call originated into.

Or am I mis-understanding?

This is one I need to play with in the lab. I install MCDN in almost every case so I have never tried it without.

I've used MCDN at one site for centralized voice mail. Those 2 sites used CDP and PRIs to tie the systems together as one. Worked fine. That was a MICS7 system. You'd have to set up destination codes to send the calls across the E&M T1, but it should work with out MCDN keycodes.

Rusty without the MCDN the AA will not see anything at site B as a valid extension on the network so it will come back as INVALID EXTENSION. Now your forward set up would work because you're dialing an extension on site A and forwarding to site B. But like dibthree said it could become a nightmare to maintain.

ok, guys thanks for all your comments but I was able to make it work without MCDN codes and using my voip lines, Creating route, destination codes and Enabling the call pilot networking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back