Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 services stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickKat

Technical User
Mar 29, 2011
US
thread1361-1406716
BCM 400 Rls. 4 BCM over the weekend had numerous services stop including Voice mail,feps,mgs,mps. I was able to restart voice mail but not the others. System has been rebooted with same result. Could current patches be the answer.

Thanks, I should be able to load tonight.

Make sure to do a backup before installing the patches.It looks to be more a dying hard drive to me.

Started a backup before loading patches and once the call pilot service was stopped it never came back up. gberger was right it is a dying hard drive.

Thanks

Make sure to install the latest patches on the replacement hard drive in a spare bcm400 cabinet prior to replace the defective one otherwise it will wipe out the telephony.
Takes much more time to reprogram everything then voice mail portion only...

New development. I did not have a spare cabinet to load the patches so I replaced the defective hard drive and booted up the BCM with the same result. I waited approx. 1 hour after bootup and still could not login to BCM but sometime overnite the services came up.
Could be power supply (Red LED) or MSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back