Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Rls.4, WLAN 2245/2211 handheld issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletech77

Technical User
Jan 10, 2008
BM
Wonder if anyone can help me out here with an issue I'm having with a BCM 400 Rls.4 with 2210 wireless handsets connected to WLAN 2245 using Spectralink AP4131's.

Their BCM hadn't been updated/patched since they were upgraded to Rls. 4 and SU1 added. As I was updating the BCM and monitoring via BCM Monitor, I noted that none of the wireless phones registered after the last update was added which was BCM.R400.SmartUpdate.System.012-200806. All their LAN IP phones were up and functional, just the wireless were in "no net access".

I confirmed the configurations from the 2245, the AP's and handhelds matched however when logging into the AP's some of them had the incorrect ESSID which I corrected. Now, I get checking code and then no SVP response (IP address). On the occasion, I'll get No PBX Response. I even brought another known good 2245 for troubleshooting but same result.

I connected my laptop wireless and able to access the wireless network and able to register a softphone wireless as well. I can ping and access the BCM, BS460, WLAN 2245, DHCP server and all the AP's. WLAN 2245, BS460, AP's and the handhelds have all been upgraded to the last firmware.

A wep key is being used on all the AP's and have been re-entered in as well as on the wireless handsets. I brought in another 2245 from our lab which is currently in use and same results with the No SVP response.

To add to my frustration, about 20 phones which are connected via a wireless ethernet bridge lost connection to the DHCP server which I'm sure is related to the above issue as well.

I'm going in early tomorrow to attempt to create my own wireless network and attempt to recreate/resolve this issue along with dropping an email to Nortel support which I probably won't get too much of because of the mixture of vendors included ie Nortel, Spectralink/symbol, Linksys *wireless ethernet bridge*

Any direction or hints would be appreciated.

Cheers.

gwebster,

Thanks for your input. After further troubleshooting, this maybe a bs460 switch issue.

Issue resolved, wireless handsets set to factory defaults and then reconfigured. AP's had reset the authentication eventhough it still showed it configured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back