Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 R4 Voicemail not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darby123

Programmer
Apr 14, 2011
GB
Hi Guru's

I rebooted a BCM 400 R4 last night. Since the reboot the Voicemail will not start.

I'm getting an error on the Webpage stating Voicemail had an unexpected error.

i know this is usually down to the Primary Hard drive failling.

I have a second Hard drive working as a mirror, If I use this Hard drive, do you think it will sort the issue?

Any thoughts would be apprieciated.

Many Thanks

Mark

APSS
PASMI

Aastra Accredited Expert

Yes all parts of elements manager is working fine. just the VM service keeps failing to start.

APSS
PASMI

Aastra Accredited Expert

HD, PS or BFT is my guess's.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Have you got a recent full backup?. You could try just factory defaulting the voicemail and then reloading it again with the backup file.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Unfortinuatley there is no backup of the Voicemail as the service does not start. I can backup the BCM core programming, so at least I have a backup of the keycodes etc.

I do not really want to start the VM from scratch as the VM is also being used for CCR, which has around 4 years of call data information.

Do you think in swapping the mirrored hard drives around will make any difference?

APSS
PASMI

Aastra Accredited Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back