Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 r3.6 Browser Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom2129

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
US
We were able to access the system without fail via the web browser until we changed the ip address of the BCM, we put the address back to what it previously was but still cannot connect. We can ping and telenet into the system but cannot use the browser. Have rebooted several times without any luck. Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

You should have two LAN connection to try from BCM 400.Do the basic ipconfig you computer and ping the BCM LAN IP.
Have you tried other PC?

thanks for the reply, we did try the second lan connection as well as another pc and ended up with the same result....

What do you see on your screen when you try to use the browser?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

I would Hyperterminal into the BCM. From there you can see the IP address of the BCM on LAN 1. I had an issue one time where I accidentally changed the IP to the same as the gateway. The only way to fix it was to change it through hyperterminal. Also, do you have flashing lights on the front panel of the BCM??

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Thanks for the responses, when we attempt to use the browser we get an invalid address message and then comes the page cannot be displayed message. When we hyperterminal in the address is correct...no flashing lights just flickering on the second light from the left.

OK. The only other thing it sounds like is maybe the subnet on your PC is different from the one on the BCM. Right now that is all I can think of, any other ideas I'll get back to you.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

We had checked that as well....really makes no sense especially since we can telenet, ping, etc..

Did you try to plug a cross-over cable into LAN 2 of the BCM and the other end into your laptop, set your IP address to 10.10.11.3 and try the browser access that way?

there was an ip address already assigned to lan 2 ...used a crossover cable and had the same results. We could try putiing lan 2 back to default and try again and see what happens. This is not a system we installed and does not have any patches...could this be an issue? Hard to think so since all was fine until we changed the ip. Thanks again fo rall the advice.
Thanks
Tom

when you do ipconfig on the Laptop, does it match the BCM except for the last 3 digits and same subnet?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I had a similar issue when trying to upgrade a 3.6 to 4.0. After several reboots and switching back and forth between lan 1 & 2 trying to get in, I eventually got in. Loaded SU patch and all was ok.

Try changing the last octet of your laptop IP by one or 2 digits. I've also fixed it by that in the past.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, still no luck using the browser. Is it possible we've closed the port used by the browser? Does anyone know which port the browser uses?
Thanks Again and Happy New Year
Tom

The only way you would have closed the port is by applying firewall rules incorretly. But you would have indicated that you had done firewall rules when you posted the question, right?.

Can you at least access the Unified Manager screen?

Exactly, never touched the firewall settings. Do you know which port the browser uses by default?
Thanks
Tom

Have you tried to reboot the system?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Browser uses port 80 until it launches the Java. Off the top of my head, I don't know the other ports, but they are listed in the docs (which I don't have right now).

What exactly is the URL address you are trying to reach?
Copy-paste it here, or just try with/without the s after http (i.e. https:// or and also try :6800 after the ip of the system, and especially try without it as it is a 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back