Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 PRI problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo77

Technical User
Sep 9, 2010
We have two PRI trunk cards on our BCM 400. We changed the telephony service provider for the second one. They gave us the group number ( its’s actually mobile provider) and with their tehnician I checked the parameters for trunk card .
The problem is that we can’t establish connection. When I look on BCM monitor I can see that when we dial 06xxxx BCM uses the second PRI trunk as it should and just waiting.
On Telephony Resources I had to check E1 Parameters CRC4 (enabled). Clock Source for the first trunk is primary external and for the second one secondary external.Provider said to use Public(Unknown) for Public network dialing plan.
Where is the problem? Can I look somewhere for PRI errors? Any help?

Where are you located? If it's in North America, what protocol is your supplier using? NI-1, NI-2?

Yes. I agree with telco dog you can't just switch from one provider to the other and have every thing work. You must configure the DSM card to their protocol. Call them and look at your settings.

I don't know what else to change and where? I tried few things what they asked and without success. In the beginning the problem was on wiring and after they find the right combination alarm on trunk card was gone and dialing was enabled but like I said without establishing connection.
Where can I look for PRI errors? Where can I change parameters for trunk media beside these that I changed already?
When I dial the 06xxx number the line state is idle. I am in Europe. I attached some screenshots for trunk card config.
Thanks

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ey9pfn.jpg
New info from provider:
I have to define BNT 2 (B-number type, value 2 which is Unknown B-number type.
They have on their side alarm LAYER 2 FAULT and following error:
Frames received with a control field that is undefined or not implemented.
Can I somewhere if the BCM sends some control field?

Have you tried setting ROUTE 002 service type to OVERLAP
Then go to Telephony resource Bus 3 and set "TICK" overlap receive.
box

I tried that and with no luck. I attached alarm for Trunk which is causing the problem (only thing is that nowhere says what card is? Just the assumption).
I found on BCM documentation PRI DTM wiring but I am not clearly understood it.
Could be the wiring problem although everything for PRI is enabled and active.
From provider I get the following: CRC- 4 on both sides (that's ok), I have to define BNT 2 (B-number type, value 2 which is Unknown B-number type)-what is this-just a layer 2?
On their side they have LAYER 2 FAULT: Frames received with a control field that is undefined or not implemented.

http://i53.tinypic.com/24no743.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back