Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 not fully booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDproductions

Vendor
Mar 28, 2003
US
I have a brand new BCM 400 4.0 that was shipped to me. i was able to do some configuration about a week ago and have had it unplugged until today when i took it the customer site to install.

After the power up, I get a solid red power light and a blank status light. the other indicaters are not working properly either, ie both LAN lights are lit even though nothing is plugged into them.

I can acces the web server part of the BCM to download programs, but the Element Manager and all telephony systems are not working. I have checked the connections all seem to be ok. Any thoughts?

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM ON A BCM THAT WAS UPGRADED TO VERSION 4 ALL WORKED OF FOR A WEEK THEN AFTER A POWERCUT IT DIED I CAN ACCSESS VIA WEB BUT CANOT VIA ELIMENT MANAGER???

Have you tried to download Element Manager from that BCM?

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

yea, i tried, and still no connection via EM. I have another box that is doing the same thing.

If you have it, try to use Putty to login to the BCM(s) If you can, I would go through the Platform Initialization mend to reformat the MSC. If that works, you will kow that the phone system portion is working and at that point I would suspect that boot up files are coruppted in which case you will have to reload the images from CDs.

Teleplop

You cannot telnet into the 4.0.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back