Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Night Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCM400Noob

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2008
US
I have read a number of threads about Night Services but I don't see the answer to my situation.

I have 4 skillsets: 600, 601, 602, 604.

When night services is activated, only 600 and 602 are force redirected to the General Mailbox 100. I would like to change 601 and 604 to do the same thing but I can't find the parameter to change/adjust in the BCM to do this.

Any help finding it would be appreciated.

As you mention skillsets does that mean you contact centre running?

If so, Callpilot/Contact Centre (or Call Centre) depending on whether Windows or Linux.

Skillsets/Night routing

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

We are running Callpilot and we have Service modes defined from 0800 to 1800 for day and after 1800 for night. This works fine for all 4 skillsets.

When night services F871 is activated, then only 2 of the pilot numbers for the skillsets are forced to the 100 Mailbox and I want to change the pilot for the other 2 to do the same. The problem is that I can't find that setting in the BCM.

You did not answer whether you are running Call Centre. Skillsets are attributes on Call Centre whereby the agents physically login on the handsets.

Or do you have specific lines ringing into hunt groups?

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

Sorry, we don't have anything specifically called Call Centre, but yes, the agents physically login on the handsets. We have no hunt groups set up.

I am a little confused, as skillsets and agents logging in to the handsets are all aspects of call centre, normally the night routing is configured within the skillset parameters within callpilot.

But as you say you state you are using ringing services (F871) do you know the target line numbers that are ringing into 601 and 604.

If so, what version of BCM is it Windows or Linux (version 4) so I can guide you to the corrrect screens

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

We use night services as an override to other call routing. We are on BCM 3.7 and I believe that it is Windows.

Under Services/Telephony Services you need to find the section covering scheduled services.
Under ringing services, you current setup may be under ring group 2
Expand this all the way down to schedules, and when you click on the schedule for Night, you need to specify what lines are currently set up to ring this group and add the ones you require to this.

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

I'm not there yet, but I'm definitely close.

I do have some entries under Ring Group 008 which contain my control phone, the extension we use as a console and the pilot number for Voicemail.

In looking at the lines attached to night, I see that the line I'm interested in adjusting is in a different Ring Group (005). Can I just change it there from 005 to 008 and then all is good?

Thank you for all your help!

be sure when you change to ring group 008 that the control set and lines are the same as the other 2. b

I hadn't actually considered the control sets since we only have 1 for every phone.

How could I use control sets in this circumstance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back