Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmers

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2007
US
One of my sites has a BCM 400 3.6. Recently the voicemail went down and I cant get it back up. All the lights on the MSC card are flashing, and the BCM is constantly beeping. Could it be the hard drive or MSC card? If I need to replace the MSC card is it possible to transfer the information from it to another card? I have a backup of the system but, it's over a year old. Thanks!

If the phones are still working, I would say the hard drive crashed. We had the same problem a while back. All you can do is get a new hard drive and start over. The MSC card controls all the telephony while the hard drive controls the voice mail and auto attendants and the like.

Best of luck.

Thanks, I didn't know that. So if I replace the hard drive all I need to reprogram is the voicemail? All the telephony programming will stay?

You'll need to replace the HDD and initialize it. (change the date to 1/1/08 first so you don't run into the SSL certificate issue on 3.6 and 3.7 HDD's)
After the HDD is initialized you have to:
* Input all of your previous keycodes
* Configure the VM
* Configure the Host name
* Configure the IP address and "Next Hop Router"
* Correct the Date/Time
* Reboot

-SD-

before you swap the hard drive you might want to check the base function tray look at the compasators and see what color they are if they are blue you can continue on swapping the hard drive but if they are green and look like they have corrosion on top then you need to change out the base function tray first and try and boot up if it still doesn't work then swap the hard drive you will still need to reprogram voicemail and yes telephony will stay.

this is a known issue with the 3.x bcm's nortel was aware of it and me myself I have ran into this exact issue about a dozen times and it was always the base function tray.

Thanks guys, I got it replaced without a hitch!

We just did the same thing. Everything seems to be up but we cannot seem to get in through the web interface. I can ping the IP address and the settings for the IP address appear correct on the com port but we can't get the web interface to come up. Any help would br appriciated.

I'm having a similar problem with a BCM 400. Lights flashing, can't communicate with the BCM at all, no AutoAttendant. Phones all work fine. I installed a new hard drive on Friday, but still have the same problems. I connected a monitor to the BCM to watch the boot up sequence, but nothing shows up on the monitor. When the BCM is powered on it beeps a few times, and that's it.

The BFT has the good, blue capacitors.

This problem started after a big storm, so something evidently got fried. I was sure it was the hard drive, so now I'm kind of at a loss as to what to replace next. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back