Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 DND transfer problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlary

Vendor
May 27, 2008
US
I have a customer that had a BCM 400 4.0 and PRI T-1 for incoming lines. The problem I am having is that when any phone is put on DND and a call is transferred to that phone, it immediately bounces back to the person who transferred the phone. The DN's have vmail and it should ring silently then go to vmail. I have checked all the paramters that I could, but still something is not right, any thoughts?

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J.G.

Check that DND on Busy is turned off in the phones programming in capibilities.

Instead of using DND u could also use F984 (fwd to vmail). Just pgm a btn w/ this and the user can press so all their calls go to their vmail box.

Just an alternative to keep in mind.

That is the proper behavior for a call transferred to a set in DND. If the call rang directly to the set, you would see the line button flash, then the call would follow the FNA.

-SD-

Thanks for the input, yeah I agree I think that is how it is supposed to work also. I will explain that to customer. I have recommended the f984 as an alternative when I started working on this with them. Once again thanks.

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J.G.

in system programming...check drt trnansfer timer? and transfer callback timer....set farther out than cfna at set level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back