Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 call pilot AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

porta24

Technical User
Jul 2, 2010
US
I have a customer with a BCM 400 and Time Warner digital phone lines. When customers call in and get the Auto Attend. and dial the 3 digits, they sometimes are routed to the wrong extension. Is this a Time Warner problem or a BCM problem?

Time Warner, and good luck trying to convincing them

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I'm assuming that myself,
I have a vendor meet next friday with time warner.
How can i prove it?
What have you found to verify it's them?
Do they have any tools to check the dtmf tones coming in?
I'm looking for any suggestions.
Thanks

It's not a T-1, they are "digital" pots lines.
Is there a piece of test equipment that can monitor dtmf tones coming in and display them?

Yes is called a Digit Grabber, do you have any other copper lines available to you

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

no, just time warner lines.
where can i get a digit grabber

Try BCM monitor>Line monitor.Hopefully it should show the number passed from the trunks.

JT

oh no. I guess that's applicable to DID numbers only.Not for the numbers dialled after the AA answered.

JT

I just updated them Weds night and it happened again today.
Time Warner can't adjust anything in the modem that supplies the dial tone. I talked to one of there tech's, the modem is what supplies the dtmf tones. I'm going to put the bcm into monitor mode, the customer with tell me when it happens next and I'll check to see if the correct extension was dialed by the bcm. They have one customer that it has happened to more than once, I'll have to test with them.
Any other ideas from you all?

Here is a test for you if no digit grabber

Get an ATA
Hook up ATA to digital port and also to one of your trunk ports that is being used.

Call ATA and test your AA as desired but test each trunk port on your module.
If all works then nothing wrong with AA/DTMF

Here is just one digit grabber so shop around
Look for model TS 25D

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Go figure, it was a Time Warner problem.
I had to go through 3 tiers of tech support to tell me that they have been having problems with that modem and to have replaced.
It seems to be working now.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back