Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 Call Center Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

steptoescrappie

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2007
GB
We have been using a BCM 400 with call centre for a few months now. The problem I have is the call centre manager gauges her staff on when they log onto their phone in the morning. The problem I have is the time the system is reporting back as the agent logon time s not the same as the time the agent actually logged in. I've stood over a nubmer of agents checked to exact time they log in and it sometimes differs by 5 minutes. I did think it maybe logging the time of first call but this does not seem to be the case either.
Any help in this would be much appreciated.

What version is your bcm? Are all the patches installed?
The time the system will report is the bcm time, there's only one. Leave yourself a message, take it and see if the time is accurate,if not reboot the voicemail service only or easier reboot the bcm, that should fix it.Let us know the result.

Have rebooted BCM today, will se whether it makes any difference today

Another suggestion ....
The BCM has the ability to connect to an NTP server.
There are several available to the public if you BCM can access the internet.
This would allow your BCM to always have the correct time.

-SD-

Looks to OK after a reboot, will look into NTP as a permanent fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back