Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 and directory list not working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongnp

Technical User
Jan 4, 2004
CA
Hi All,

We have a BCM 400 v3.7 and there is an issue with the company directory.

We have 2 Dave's (and a Diane). If someone calls and goes to the company directory and enters "D" or "DAV", calls are sent directly to one of the Dave's VM (the same one every time). It does not ring at the extension or give an opportunity to pick another user. All users are setup to be listed in the directory.

If I use last names, I can get to any of the users. If I choose a different letter it will list all the employees properly.

Any Ideas?

Some thoughts...

Make sure spelled right on both boxes maybe?
Looks like from telset: lastname,dave on one box but on the other- dave,lastname
Check what happens if spelling David and not Dave.

Check your programming to see if it's by lastname, first name...or both.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanks for the reply.

I changed it to David, and had the same results.

Directory is set to "Both".

What confuses me the most is that other letters work fine. If I choose "M" or "R" it goes through both first and last names that start with M, for some reason "D" doesn't.

LOL I just figured it out.

Your last response made me rethink the problem.

The Dave that was working recorded his GREETING as his DIRECTORY NAME. If I had listened until the end of the name/greeting, I would have realized it earlier.

Thanks for all your help Curly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back