Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 4.0 paging over i2004 not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timqa

Programmer
Oct 6, 2008
US
There are approx. (8) I2004 phones over (4) locations. No other issues with phones. paging does not work. They sometimes here the tone but no voice. Voice call does work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. no voice quality issues.

Basic, but are you sure than in a Page Zone.

Adversity is Opportunity

They were in the same page zone and I am using All page feature 630. Sometimes they hear the page tone.

Have you tested initiating the paging from an i2050 at each of the 4 locations to see if there is any difference in the result? I am curious to know if the paging comes through for any phones in the same location as the page initiator.

Unfortunately the customer only has I2004 phones and are at remote sites that are too far to test myself. all paging at main site works on digital sets (T7316E). No IP sets on main site. I'm just hoping someone else had the same problem that can give me info.

Thank you to everyone for responding.

I was told it may be a patch issue because the customer used to have a 3.7 and the same thing happened. I would think the 4.0 would not need the patch. Please let me know if you know of a specific patch.

Thanks

Just patch it to the latest, Desktop 9 and SU14 i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back