Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 4.0 Call Center Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnnysgir

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
US
I want to know about speeding up the report process. It takes a very long time between submitting the report query and how long it takes the report to show up. Sometimes the query crashes before the report shows. I’m wondering if there is a way to speed this up. Can we delete all the old data? Would that help? Is there another way to speed it up?

I would basically clear all IE cache, history etc,etc and temp files. Speed is equal to bandwith etc, are the reports faster on the main machine RCC or ICC PC? If so then check the network or work with the network administrator to solve. Also as with any application, how is the memory and hard drive space on the web host PC (RCC)?

best of luck!

Memory and processor upgrades on the host PC are the key Nortels PC recommendations are woefully inadequate

Also make sure your system and RCC are fully patched up because there has been various database optimisations recently

If its not broke tweak it..

I have found that by purging the CCRDB data base on a regular basis & keeping a low volume of calls in the base that the reports generate faster. I find that once you get to the 10 to 15 thousand calls in the data base that it gets real slow. The latest version actually has a purge option which makes it real easy to manage.

I agree with TLDuk double the PC requirements regarding memory and hard drive space. Patches are important, but if they are up to date you can still have slow response. Patches should always be first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back