Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 4.0 and RCC 'load page error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlary

Vendor
May 27, 2008
US
Hello,
Having a problem with a customer with there RCC not being able to load the "view page" option. It just comes up with 'load page error'. It appears as if it is strugggling to load the page, then fails after many minutes giving the 'load page error'. Everything with the RCC appears to be working just fine, it is recording as it should and you can view real time stats just fine, just cant load the history. Any thoughts??

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J.G.

Turn off the PC firewall and try it. Also you may want to look at your active X controls to make sure they are enabled.

When all else fails reload RCC.

I am going to load a new patch that claims to have some fixes for the RCC, and I will also, check into what your suggesting.
I appreciate the feedback, I will let you know, thanks!!

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J.G.

Don't forget to stop the "RCC launcher" in services prior to install RCC patches.

I have upgraded the switch with the latest and greatet patches. Had Nortel look at and rebuild the server pc via Webex. After 5 hours of dinking around, it still would not load. Nortel has suggested moving it to another pc and wee if problem still exists. Oh, the customer sure loved that one. Still no solution though.

I give up with first level now its become a joke you will have more chance getting a fix here than from them...

jlary...

Can you past the text from the error page or attach a screen shot so i can get a better idea whats going on...

If its not broke tweak it..

Well, I am gonna first have the customer load the new element manager and then try it, we played phone tag yesterday, as I am gonna go over this with him via phone, they are 2.5 hours away. I will let you know as soon as we go through that if it fixes the problem or not.

I have had to manually install the crystal reports veiwer, you can find the .exe on the reporting server, it is supposed to prompt you to install it the first time you veiw on screen, but it usually doesnt work for me, here is where you find it on a defalt install of RCC. it is called npviewer

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\crystalreportviewers\ActiveXViewer\en

install the file I referenced on the pc attemting to view the reports.

Sorry guys, my last post was not for this thread so please ignore that one.

Well, the customer finally loaded the software onto a new and stand alone server and that seems to have fixed the issue. Although, we still do not know why there was an issue to begin with. But for that customer, case closed!! Thanks to all who responded, it is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back