Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonker1974

Technical User
Oct 11, 2011
BS
Hi All,
I Have a BCM 400 3.7 that crashed I just purchases a blank drive that I need to load 3.7. How can i do that.

Couple of options:
You need to order e new drive with BCM 3.7 preloaded and import the backup config, I am not sure if you need to activate the keycodes.
Second option which I have done in the past is to clone the old drive to a new drive. I have used Norton Ghost long time back when some sectors on the old drive were bad.

There are a number of good cloning tools available. I've used Acronis and WinHex. If you haven't got a backup, then it will probably be a rebuild.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

I has done that long time back using Norton ghost. Connect old/crashed drive as a second drive to a PC, partition it exactly as the original drive. Connect the crashed drive as third drive and then copy/clone one partition at a time. after all the partitioned have been copied then pop in the new drive and you are done.

You may also purchase a drive preloaded with 3.7.

pre loaded HD best way to go. If you need to use BIT tool you would need access to KRS to generate the UNIQUE ID code to allow ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back