Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 3.7 VM and CCpro not responding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pit36

Vendor
Apr 2, 2005
US
Hi all!
I have a customer with a BCM 400 rel. 3.7. The VM and CC stop responding out of the blue which at that point AA won't answer incoming calls (PRI). When you call the main number (Local or Toll free) it just rings forever. The IT person onsite has been clearing the problem by coldboot the system, then everything works again. Today he did not coldboot the BCM and after 25 to 30 min. the AA started answering calls again on its own. I'm trying to get this resolved asap before the HD gets ruined. They are currently running VM version 37.01.05.22.

I want to patch the system with patch BCM_370_226_VM, however my VM needs to be at 37.01.06.22 before applying the patch. That means I need patch BCM370.192-VM or BCM370.191-RCC which have been retired from Nortel's support download site (doesn’t make any sense why they would do that).

Does anyone have or knows where to get either one of these patches?
If not, does anyone have any suggestions on the VM not responding?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

That sounds like you could have a bad media bay module. If that’s the case your going to have to get with your dealer and hopefully they can get you a replacement.

Have you checked the BFT to see if the Caps are Green or Blue.

Green Bad
Blue Good

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I had oodle problems on 3.7 with ccpro ( 15 agents on 2 skills) . AA locked up, agents available but calls were stucked on queue at least once a month and restart CallPilot service would fixed it.

Upgrade to 4.0 and with all new patches , problem free so far . Linux seemed to be better implemented than the NT base on BCM400.

I had 60 BCM's and about 30 of them ahd bad Caps and I only had 1 other BCM ever have the same problem and it was a hard drive.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Thank you all for your reply.

"That sounds like you could have a bad media bay module. If that’s the case your going to have to get with your dealer and hopefully they can get you a replacement"
I really hope that is not the case :)

"Have you checked the BFT to see if the Caps are Green or Blue"
No I have not. I will once I go on site. thanx

"I had oodle problems on 3.7 with ccpro ( 15 agents on 2 skills) . AA locked up, agents available but calls were stucked on queue at least once a month and restart CallPilot service would fixed it. Upgrade to 4.0 and with all new patches , problem free so far"
I'm trying to stay away from going to 4.0, that will be my last option.

"I had 60 BCM's and about 30 of them ahd bad Caps and I only had 1 other BCM ever have the same problem and it was a hard drive"
I was thinking the same thing, and that will be my second step.

By the way, a friend I got the patch BCM370.192 that I was looking for, however it says you have to have MBCM370.181RCC

How do I view what patches have been applied to this BCM?

Thank you all for the help again!

Open Configure, highlight SYSTEM, click on TOOLS,

Click on DISPLAY SYSTEM INVENTORY.

Open Configure, highlight SYSTEM, click on TOOLS, Click on DISPLAY SYSTEM INVENTORY"

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back