Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 3.7 RCC trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
BCM 400 3.7 with active Contact Center using RCC on a dedicated off-domain XP SP3 server in a workgroup with the BCM. RCC has been running reports for over 4 years, mainly without a hitch. Starting about a month ago, they couldn't pull the real time reports at times, and it slowly got worse.

They replaced the server and I reloaded RCC on the new one with XP SP3, verifying that the java, IIS, ect were the correct release for both. I communicated with the BCM and it took over 3 hours to download the call files. After download, trying to pull the realtime reports, it would go about halfway and seize. They said that is what has been happening since the trouble started.

I scheduled a restart over the weekend but it didn't seem to help. I deleted RCC, MySQL server, Java and started over. When I tried to pull the files, it would time out and splash this:
'Could not determine contact center status' even though it shows Contact Center status is OK in the System Status page. All the port statuses were fine also.

Could the system call cache be causing a problem?

Does anyone know how to delete some of the older call files from the Contact Center on the BCM?

Any other ideas?

NCSS NCTS NCTE

I found the trouble with getting my call info from the BCM, I think it was a firewall issue.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Your original problem is a known bug, once the data base gets to a certain size you get this problem, it has been fixed in recent patches, basically the RCC database has been optimized..

I suggest you Patch the BCM and go back to the original server and upgrade the RCC software

If its not broke tweak it..

I have been running into the same problem for a couple months. We've applied all the current patches to the RCC and the BCM. We've updated updated the Contact Center software. Everything is as up to date as it can get.

This is what I am running now:

BCM400, v4.0
Contact Center v2.4.360.1.61

The problem started with a Windows update (I believe the .net framework 3.5), and when that was removed, everything ran fine for a day, until my system automatically reapplied that update.

Are there any other ideas on how to correct this or any other work-arounds (I can't remove the Windows updates).

Thanks,

yes turn of full automatic updates until Nortel fix the problem, i have had to do this on 3 sites now

Select the update option that "download the updates for me, but let me chose when to install them" when ever new updates come make sure you do not install the .NET updates

If its not broke tweak it..

I have heard that IE 7.0 fixes this problem. Has anyone else heard this or tried IE 7.0?

All resonse posts are correct, but here is a basic tip. Date and time should be within 5 minutes of the RCC and BCM. Also check the down load call center page for all correct IP addresses. You can also perform the tests found in the reporting for call center troubleshooting guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back