Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 3.7 Fax Over IP FoIP ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

felderman1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2007
US
Everyone here has been so helpful, I thought I would ask here before calling a random vendor.

Has anyone set up FoIP with a BCM 400? I have an ISDN PRI going into my BCM 400 running 3.7 and I want to buy a Fax Over IP card for a PC/Fax Server running fax software (FaxMaker 14). Will this work? The IP Telephony Configuration Guide was vague at best.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

The plan would be that the bcm handles all the inner workings of ip fax to POTS fax. Using the VoIP settings of some sort.

The FoIP card connects to the same network that the BCM is on and it handles the actual outbound and inbound faxes.

That was my idea anyway.

The FoIP card connects to the same network that the BCM is on and it handles the actual outbound and inbound faxes."

Sounds like the foip card has it covered the bcm just sits on the same network.

Are you using the BCM? Target lines, analog port? or is this a pure IP solution?

Correct. I want the BCM to convert from IP to analog and analog to IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back