Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 400 3.7 Error "Telephony programming is currently not avaliable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbice

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2007
US
I get this message "Telephony programming is currently not available. Please Try Again Later" when im in the Unified Manager, I click Services, then Click Telephony Services.

This is where i used to go on 3.0 to change the display name on the sets, and to set up other features on the sets.

May need to reboot the bcm, that's what I normally do, and it comes back. Not sure, but do a search here, there maybe a patch that corrects this

pbxn,

Thanks for the response. I have tried the reboot quite a few times.. all to no avail.

Any other ideas?

Have you checked the BFT, Are the capacitors Green or Blue, if there green there the Bad capacitors. Nortel will replace the BFT FREE until 12/31/07.

Since the core telephony runs on the MSC card (this is where the heart of the telephony is running) it is worth while trying to cycle power on the system as a reboot will not restart the MSC, that is why digital sets are not affected by a reboot.

Joe

No, a reboot only reboots the NT side of the BCM. A reboot gracefully shuts down the services. A power cycle abruptly shuts them down and also shuts down the telephony side. I have seen issues get fixed by a power cycle that a reboot didn't fix.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back