Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 4.0 H.323 4 Digit Dial??

Status
Not open for further replies.

busydisconnect

Technical User
Dec 3, 2007
US
Avaya CM 3.1 Nortel BCM 4.0

I have H.323 trunks set up between a Nortel 4.0 and Avaya CM 3.1

When we direct dial an employees ext from the Avaya to the Nortel (7XXX) all calls route to the Nortel's Main Operator and not to the individual Exts.

The VoIP Trunk Line Prime Set in the BCM is set to the Operators Ext but when I remove the Ext calls will not connect.

How do I program incoming calls to route to the individual Exts and not to the main operator console?

I'm an Avaya Engineer that hasn't worked on Nortel in over 6 yrs.

Any direction would be appreciated!

Thanks

Lack of Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute an Emergency On My MINE!

The fact that you are getting calls to be answered in the first place is a good thing as it's defaulting to the trunks prime extension which is usually the 1st number or operator etc.

Anyway I'm guessing that each extension will need to have it's own target line assigned to it.

Target lines are used to convert received digits and you will need to enter in the incoming digit for each line, usually the BCM extension number.

Set a couple up to test, before configuring the rset of the target lines. Hopefully the target lines will have already been assigned in sequence and if that is the case, then you will only need to change the private setting as the "public" is set for DID calls via the PRI trunks

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Thats what I thought but all of the Private Numbers are already added to the Target lines

For Example
Target Line 266
Line Type Public
Public Received # 4XXXXX (PRI)
Priv. Received # 225 (H.323)

I can go to the Active VoiP Lines and change the Prime Set to Ext 225 but when I do that all the calls then route to 225.

Shouldnt the Prime Set on the VoIP Line be blank?

A lack of Planning On Your Part; Does Not Constitute an Emergency On My MINE!

In order to populate the "private received" field you need the MCDN keycode.If you don't have it you need to create a second target line per set with the private receive value (ex:225) but under Public Received.

We do have MCDN Keycode uploaded on the BCM400 and the private receive have all been populated with the 3 digit exstension of the phones?

Any other suggestions? THANKS!!

(I'm starting to think it may be a firewall issue.)

I added the second target line like suggested and 4 digit H.323 VoIP ext to ext calls placed from the Avaya to BCM are successfully connected.

Thanks for the direction!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back